Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ode To the BUDS

Ode to the Buds


Attention captain and crew

Are we foot soldiers in the battle of insouciance,
or plankton in the sea of apathy?
NO! I dare say.
Are we looked upon as cabin boys on the ship of complacency,
Or mistaken for waitresses at the banquet of life?
Unfathomable!
We are not pebbles in the
sands of mediocrity,
Nor scholars in the art of pocourantism.
We do not slither like sloths on the tree of stoicism
Or vegetate like barnacles on the barge of indifference

ARE WE NOT DINGHY SAILORS ?

Is it not the very core of our existence,
The essence of our body and blood.
The heart and soul of everything that is right and just on earth.
If cut, would we not bleed Charles River green?
In this often cold and harsh world,
There are few moments of sheer elation.
There are few journeys that bring fulfillment
In the mere road to enlightenment.
A smattering of joyous occasions,

A tidbit of remarkable achievements,
A dollop of fruitful endeavors.
Shall we not strive for the clearly attainable?
Go for the gold. Grab the gusto.
Rein in the glory. Take it to the limit.

I stand before you now, not as a man, but as a rambling fool.
Yet it matters little. For I am a dinghy sailor.
I shall shout above the rowdiest crowd
And let it ring from the tallest dormitory.
I AM a dinghy sailor!

I shall take this to the grave and beyond,
Embrace it for all eternity,
Relish in its completeness.
I will feverishly defend my right to embellish
My constitution of piquant proclaiment.
I AM A DINGHY SAILOR.
Say it with me.
Sleep it, eat it, breathe it. Wallow in it.
Let it caress you like a warm blanket
In the black night of uncertainty.
Let it bring you comfort in times of self-doubt.

We are at the dawn of procurement,
The aurora of consummation,
The primordiam of
aggregation.
It starts with a fire in the belly.
It procreates with the culmination of opulent cognition.
It radiates with the obtainment of corroborated self-confidence.
Come take the journey of the ancient elders.
For it begins with the wisdom that the quest is within reach.
Shall we begin?

No comments: